You are the green businessman. You’re in solar stocks, net zero options. You are on top of the green world. Now, be on top of the next wave of green trends…
* Global spending on smart energy management services is projected to grow from $291M in 2012 to $1.1 billion by 2020. (Source: Pike Research)
* Solar projects established as a solid asset class attracting traditional Wall Street financiers, crowd-funding to fund small- to medium-sized solar projects, and institutionally-led residential solar lease facilities. REITs will emerge as a potential funding source with the prospect of opening the REIT structure to solar projects.
* Micro-hybrid battery technology that stops a vehicles motor during idling, then starts it again with a battery – not gas – when needed, is coming to the U.S. in a big way with more than eight million vehicles, not including hybrids, to be equipped with this stop-start technology in North America by 2017 (Source: Lux Research). An estimated 35 million vehicles to be produced with this stop-start technology worldwide (Source: Johnson Controls).
* Biomimicry – using designs found in nature as the template for creating modern industrial products and processes – begins to make its mark on clean technology, especially in clean technologies that generate energy from natural sources like the sun and the wind, as well as on the energy-efficiency front, such as energy-saving (and more reliable) screen technologies for devices and the creation of new tougher, lighter and stronger materials.
* U.S. Geothermal industry comes of age in the U.S., with installed cumulative capacity growing to 3,187 MW, which represents more than a quarter of the worldwide total of 11,244 MW.
1 Comment »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Powered by Digital Shake LLC